Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday Reviewsday!

This Tuesday, I bring you a lovely product from a wonderful etsy shop, Midnight Gypsy Alchemy, which specializes in natural perfumes, candles and salts. I was wandering around the gloriousness that is etsy and stumbled upon this totally awesome little shop after searching for solid perfumes.

It's perfection.

Now, a lot of the scents are vanilla based (which I must admit, I'm not a fan of) but I happened upon one that just screamed my name, Apothecary Rose. Listed as " a simple two note fragrance made of exotic rose absolute, infused in amber resin and rose petals," I knew I had to try it. And hey, at only $5.25 (USD) with shipping, I can definitely afford this sample, right?

So I waited, surprisingly a shorter amount of time than most etsy purchases, and literally bounced with glee when I got this lovely little package in the mail. Ignore how messy it is, I only thought to snap pics after I'd begun to open it.
Oh my gracious, it has a feather and ribbon and a little crystal! For future reference, the noise I made was not human. I was excited, and rightly so. The next bit is even more precious.
I adore the scrollwork around the M. So cute! Alrready though, I could smell roses and I began to worry a bit.
The rose scent was stronger, but not quite overwhelming. I was still mildly worried it would be crazy strong.
Here's the final result, one tiny little sample of creamy bliss. Seriously, creamy bliss. This stuff spreads almost like a lotion, it's so luxuriously moisture-rich. Annnndddd! The scent isn't overpowering at all! I love it, really. I do have to apply about twice a day, once when I get dressed in the morning and once after lunch, but still, it lasts quite some time for a solid perfume. I'm definitely planning to sample more of this gypsy's wares, and buy a full-sized version of the gloriousness that is Apothecary Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment